February 5, 2013

Some Great News: A New Fire Hall

This evening, the town of Paradise announced that it was joining the St. John’s Regional Fire Department (SJRFD) and building a new station to complement services the department presently provides to the town. It’s a welcome announcement and one all residents – councillors included – will say is long overdue.

I have been a somewhat vocal critic of how this has been handled (and that's being kind), but it’s great to see agreement on this. I believe the decision on where to build the station will be left to St. John’s but I suspect that it will be further in on Topsail Road toward newer developments. This should help reduce response times, which at present, are woefully inadequate. The Elizabeth Park and Trail’s End subdivisions are well serviced by the Mt. Pearl station so my money is on building it further in.
 
Politics and finger pointing aside, it’s a great day for the town.

No comments:

Post a Comment