That’s how I enjoy the
Christmas season. While it’s nice to visit family and friends, that’s not
really my style anymore. It’s true what they say: it’s nice to see them come,
but it’s nice to see them go. And, to be honest, the “it’s nice to see them go”
part is becoming more and more appealing. Perhaps that’s what happens as you
get older. I’d rather read a good book, watch football, sleep, or catch up on a
TV series or two – Homeland and Game of Thrones come to mind - quietly, in the
comfort of my own home - and sweatpants. No work, no shaving, no problem.
Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy
company, but Christmas for me is about relaxing. It’s not about family, friends
or faith. Selfishly, it’s about me doing fuck all. I’m sure that completely contradicts
what Christmas is to most people but I’m not like most people I guess. No, I’d
rather stay home, sleep in and lounge. I’m build for comfort, not for speed.And as much as I’m glad to see the semester end, I’m more grateful this year will soon be over. It’s been a tough haul. A couple of close friends passed away unexpectedly as did a couple of coworkers. Some friends were diagnosed with cancer, there was the suicide of a friend’s child – well you get the picture. It’s safe to say I’ll be happy to see 2012 go and I’m hoping for a better 2013.
Speaking of next year, I have to decide whether or not I’ll make a run for council here in Paradise. Feedback has been positive and I’ve had several offers of help, but I’ll save that for another post – if there are other posts. I’m on the fence about continuing this blog. Perhaps I’ll keep doing as I have been – an occasional post here or there, but the Muse appears to have left for now. Maybe she’s pissed about not getting my undivided attention. However, I do have several irons in the fire. But I’ll wait until the New Year before I make any decisions. Of course, if I run, the blog stays and gets way more active. I’ll likely open a Facebook account as well, but apparently you need friends for that J
Right now, I just want to relax and recharge. And regardless of how you choose to celebrate, have a Merry Christmas.
Happy New Year 2013 Chris and I hope it is a better one for you!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your visits, very much appreciated and write on, please.
XO
WWW