I have to admit, the novelty of having the house to myself is wearing off. While I am enjoying my me-cation as my wife and kids vacation in Florida, I’m looking forward to their return on Thursday. Two weeks alone is a long time. Granted, I did play a lot of golf (although you’d be hard pressed to call how I played yesterday golf, man it was ugly) and had a few adult beverages, but that gets old fast. I think my cat’s getting sick of me too.
One of the things that I had forgotten about when being by one’s self is how depressing it is to eat alone. I’m not sure how single people do it. Of course, many wouldn’t have it any other way. And I don’t mind cooking that much, but the cleaning up, by yourself, blows chunks. Seriously. Normally, my wife and I both clean up after supper, but this go-it-alone stuff is for the birds. I know that the dishwasher can only hold so much, but if there is a Guinness record for filling a dishwasher, I think I may have broken it.
And it’s back to work on Monday. I’m starting a new job (at the same place I now work) and I’m looking forward to it. If anything, it will get me out of the house. I know one thing for certain - this fall semester is going to be hectic. The new position, plus teaching an online course for the first time will take up a lot of my time. But that may be a good thing. Of course, in a month’s time I may be kicking myself in the ass for complaining about all the free time I have now.
No comments:
Post a Comment