Guess who won CBC Radio’s Play On! trivia contest earlier today? Yours truly. I get to take nine friends – well nine of my ten year old son’s friends - to the Play On! street hockey game this Saturday. I answered a hockey jersey math question – take Teddy Purcell’s number and subtract Bobby Orr’s and Bobby Hull’s numbers. I won the draw out of four names. Sweet.
Grand prize is a pizza lunch for the ten of us with a yet unnamed NHL player, likely from here, an official jersey and I can play in the celebrity game. I’m playing. Local celebrities also playing include Allan Hawco, Jonathan Crowe, Zach Goudie, a couple of NHLer’s among others. My son is so excited. For the first time, he thinks his Dad is cool.
I’m really looking forward to the ball hockey game. And taking out that smug Zach Goudie :) This will problay be the only celebrity game where a fight breaks out. I’d take down Crowe, but he’s huge. (He might be big, but he’s slow.) And don’t be surprised if Jake Doyle has a limp next season...lol. Kidding aside, I’m looking forward to it. Almost as much as my son and his friends.
That is so awesome Chris! Congrats :) Great to be the cool Dad for a while, too, no doubt. Milk it for all it's worth! Enjoy your boy time :)
ReplyDeleteThanks BG. We're making sure we have cameras and camcorders to record the day. Hopefully, years down the road, it'll be: "Rememeber the time we..."
ReplyDelete