I have been looking for a summer place to call my own for a while now. However, most cabins, particularly those within an hour or so of St. John’s, are expensive and are snapped up fairly quickly. I’ve even considered buying a piece of land and building, but it too is cost prohibitive. And I’m not exactly handy when it comes to building or even fixing things. (I’d make a great contestant on Canada’s Worst Handyman.) Good thing I have family and friends who can swing a hammer.
This past weekend I was browsing, as I’m apt to do, and may have found something. It’s nothing spectacular, but it’s a place. I’ve been crunching some numbers and I can make it work. Some friends will question my sanity as to why I would want to get a summer place, but it’s for my sanity that I want one. I’d love to have a place to be able to go and just relax. A quiet place surrounded by forests and all that the woods have to offer. A place on a pond or with a view of the ocean (something we tend to take for granted here in Newfoundland.) Something peaceful.
I hope this works out. But if it doesn’t, I’ll keep looking….and hoping.
Good luck! I know how big a piece of heaven that can be when you really need it :)
ReplyDeleteThanks very much. I'm trying not to get my hopes too high so I'm “cautiously optimistic”.
ReplyDeleteHopefully, I'll know more by the weekend.