January 13, 2010

The Man In Black

On this day in 1968, amid much controversy, Johnny Cash played at Folsom State Prison. I recently saw a biography of him on MuchMore Music, the sister station of MuchMusic - you know the stations that used to play videos. In it, he said he spend a total of about four hours behind bars.

Here’s how he looked and sounded then.


 
And here he is in one of my favourite videos of all time.
 

2 comments:

  1. So true about Much and MuchMore...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's too bad really. I wasn't always a big fan of MuchMusic (now just Much) but I could always tune in and see a couple of videos. Now it's just idle chatter or an interview with someone I don’t know.

    Much More Music (I believe now called Much More) did initially offer some more contemporary videos, but it has changed direction.

    Of course, if I really want to see music videos, all I have to do is tune into NTV. They can't sell all their commercial space so they play music videos - if you consider Lady Ga Ga music that is.

    ReplyDelete