July 6, 2010

This Is Not News

When is “news" not news? Actress (and I’m using that term loosely) Lindsay Lohan was sentenced to 90 days in jail for alcohol related offences - apparently she missed scheduled court appearances and the judge had enough. But to call this "Breaking News", as CNN and CTV did, is a bit much. I hope to God Larry King is not convening a panel of experts on this crap.

Who really gives a damn about a crappy actress who is famous for being infamous. Shades of Paris Hilton. And the web is abuzz with details - including pictures and video. I wonder how many tweets have been sent? Enough already.

Of course, this kind of stuff is not new. News organizations, particularly local stations in the US, and tabloid TV shows such as Entertainment Tonight and TMZ (just who the hell is that guy holding the water bottle anyway?) sensationalize the most trivial things. This just in – Jennifer Lopez Breaks Toe, Film at Eleven. We’re been reduced to this?

I always turn the channel but oh noooooo….it’s Nancy Grace. Another beaut.

No comments:

Post a Comment