This is National Non-Smoking Week (NNSW) and this year’s theme is “Quitting is contagious, pass it on!”
I am quite fortunate that I never smoked although everyone else in my family did. It wasn’t too long ago that smoking was permitted everywhere and not much was thought of second hand smoke. I can recall seeing ashtrays, with burning cigarettes in them, in some of my MUN profs offices. Thankfully, those days are long gone and nowadays you’d be hard pressed to find a house in which you can light up.
I do have friends who smoke and most want to quit. Some have and some are trying. It’s up to individuals whether or not they smoke and I’m not one to preach or lecture on the dangers of smoking. It’s their choice.
Tomorrow is Weedless Wednesday. The idea “is to promote a one day at a time approach to quitting smoking, a concept appealing to many smokers who may be discouraged at the thought of an entire week -- or lifetime -- without cigarettes, but who may be able to cope with one smoke-free day”. So, if you are trying to quit, you may want to give it a go. And good luck.
Here’s a funny anti-smoking ad. (Some others on YouTube are extremely graphic)
No comments:
Post a Comment